Graduate Software Developer
We are now looking for a graduate Software Developer to join our growing team, as we continue to build out our innovative products and grow our customer base.
Our market-leading products help our clients match, analyse and manage data to identify fraud across our customers datasets. Our sister company Active Salon hosts a cloud-based point of sale system to help tanning and beauty salons grow their business and control sunbed activation in real time using SignalR.
We’re a small but growing team, so there’s plenty of opportunity to get involved in challenging and exciting projects across the software development lifecycle beyond just coding, from architecture and design through to publishing with DevOps.
We’re a cloud-first team, with our current product suite built entirely on cloud platforms with Microsoft Azure and UKCloud, using the following languages, frameworks and technologies:
- C# and C# Web API (either ASP.Net or ASP.Net Core) for backend services
- Angular for frontend development
- Azure SQL Server for data storage
- HTML / CSS / SASS
You will be working alongside experienced developers in a full stack development role, with exposure to front end, back end and database development. Direct exposure to these languages or technologies would be advantageous but not essential but you must have a solid understanding of OOP principles. You will ideally have performed a year’s internship in a development role as part of your degree and can demonstrate the skills you have learned. This is a full-stack team, with everyone working across both frontend and backend, and a big emphasis on autonomy – we encourage everyone to get involved across the development lifecycle to further their own personal development.
This is an excellent opportunity to spend a lot of time in new feature development and learn from software development veterans. You will be an integral member of the team and we encourage everyone to contribute to the concept, design and development of our products. Communication skills, the ability to think independently, self-manage and collaborate effectively with others are essential.
Working closely with the technical director and the rest of the development team, you’ll ensure we design and build our products in a robust and user-friendly way, to deliver the best service for our clients. You will help to fix and support existing products, add new features and assist in new product development.
We are currently a 100% remote working environment. Most of the team is based in the North-West in and around Manchester, and we are planning an informal schedule for face-to-face meetups for those you want to attend.
Working with us
- Software development lifecycle. You’ll work across the development lifecycle, contributing to the design and implementation of features
- Coding. You’ll actively contribute to the codebase, writing clean, logical, and structured code
- Independent. You’ll be able to work unsupervised to meet goals and targets and think for yourself to provide solutions to roadblocks
- Collaborative. You’ll be able to work effectively alongside our existing developers, testing/QA team and our internal or external product managers
- Supportive. You’ll work in a multi-discipline team who all want to help share their knowledge and support everyone to progress and enhance their skills
- Autonomous. We believe that developers thrive when left to do what they do best. We will provide you with a goal and parameters to work within, but then let you do your best work your way with the support of the team when you need it
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduated with a 2:1 degree or higher in a software development focused subject
- Experience in an internship or sandwich placement in a software developer role
In exchange for your contribution to our company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we work together as a team and want all our employees to enjoy working with us.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. As a small business with a broad range of products and technologies to work with, you’ll find no two days are the same.
Salary dependent on experience and ability in our preferred languages and technologies
To apply for this role, please provide a copy of your CV and any examples of existing work to the Technical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org